2005 kia altima

Asked by Mar 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM about the 2005 Kia Amanti FWD

Left rear door will not open from the inside or outside and
is stuck in the closed position. Cannot remove door panel
door is closed . Any suggestions .

85,495

Its not fun, but with the other door open, you'll have to remove the rear seat and get the door panel off to get at the latch. Your door handles must be broken. Did you try unlocking the door by hand?

I was going to go to the junkyard and see if they have this year and model get the door panel with a couple other things and if I do find the door panel I will perform surgery just to get at the mechanism and then replace then remove the rest of the panel and replace the door panel. Are you sure I'll be able to get the panel off with the seats removed?

85,495

Yes, you have to. You may find once you get the door panel off that a linkage rod just came off from the latch or door handle, and just need a new clip to hold it in place. You will not know until the door panel is off what the problem is. Try one more time operating the door lock, and try pulling on the handle from inside the car, and outside and try putting your body weight slamming on the inside of the door. Pull harder on the handle, not so hard that the door handle will break. Sometimes the linkage gets stretched inside the door. Maybe you'll get lucky...I hope so.