Can anyone tell show me the wiring diagram for the 4 pin TPS

Asked by Jan 08, 2017 at 11:07 AM about the 2005 Kia Amanti STD

I've seen a 2006 diagram where they show pin#4 as the TPS2 signal going to
the ECM and other post where they show pin# 4 as the ground. Really
confused

73,065

If you are doing what I think you are, it is best to replace the plugin along with the TPS. The wires break internally at the plugin.

Actually I typed incorrectly, pin# 1 on the TPS connector harness is a gry colored wire and I thought it was supposed to be ground. I get no continuity when I check the multimeter so I'm thinking I have a bad ground. Then I see a 2006 amanti TPS diagram that says the same connector pin#1 is a TPS2 signal and another wire was ground.

73,065

Broken wire at the plugin.

73,065

Also there are like 4 wipers, brushes, that pick up the voltage in the TPS that each are constructed of like 11 arms for each. What happens is they begin to separate or fray and can't deliver the proper voltage.

I've actually probed the Wire behind the plugin and still no continuity to my negative battery terminal. I'm getting a P0122 code on my 05 Amanti

73,065

Yep,- P0122 KIA - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Low Input... Possible causes - Faulty throttle position sensor. - Throttle position sensor harness is open or shorted - Throttle position sensor circuit poor electrical connection.

I appreciate all your answers and I apologize if i'm botching my info. I've spent many sleepless nights trying to figure this out. The only grey color wire in my TPS connector harness I'm thinking is the ground and there is no continuity. With a bad ground the sensor won't work. is there an easy fix? Can I run a new ground? these are the things I'm thinking because finding where the break is I'm sure is no easy task.

50,765

Throttle position sensors are actually potentiometers and are very similar to a rotary volume control on a radio or similar. They will either be good, open or noisy and seldom shorted. The slightly noisy ones can cause really odd hard to find driveability issues. Sometimes the problem lies inside the TPS and sometimes it is the wire or connector. Stop trying to re-engineer the wheel and replace the TPS or the connector.

I replaced the sensor and the check light still came on and put me in limp mode. I simply wanted to verify if the grey wire in my connector for my year amanti is in fact the ground., if it is the ground wire then there is no continuity to the battery ground and if no continuity on the ground then the new or old sensor won't work correct?

50,765

Take a look at the photo I have provided to see if you wire colors are similar....

50,765

http://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Kia-Amanti-2004- 06/Components-Systems/Electronic-Throttle-System/_/P- 0996b43f80382150

I'm trying to locate the actual photo for you

Here is a photo of my connector

50,765

Is this car a USA model?

Yes it is

50,765

Not sure what to tell you. One of the terminals should be at ground potential, but I don't know if that is battery ground or ECU specific ground which could be not at battery ground. I would go to a KIA service department if nearby and ask to see a shop service manual and you will certainly find what you need there provided they will show it to you.

Bob I tried and they wouldn't tell me anything other than its $250.00 to even start the diagnosis. I do however appreciate you taking the time to look into my problem. I guess I need to invest in a Repair/Electrical Manual.

50,765

Yeah, maybe get a service manual on e-bay or similar. Let us know what you find when you get it fixed.

73,065

http://bbbind.com/tech_database.html

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank again, i will definitely let you guys know

Rowefast, thanks for the bbbind link, color code in their diagram matches my TPS

73,065

Good luck...