94 Jeep Cherokee wont start with good spark and fuel

Asked by Nov 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM about the 1994 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr SE 4WD

Just got the vehicle. Had it a week has been flags down a great little 4x4. Has the 4cylinder manual trans.
Ok I in all my days have never had a problem doing this. So the power steering pump/reservoir is bubling over constantly. So I need to get that mess cleaned up so I goto the carwash and sprayed oven cleaner all over and sprayed till all was beautifully clean ready to home and start on that issue.  Oh but nooooo. It wont start to get out of the carwash stall. Great spark to and through the plugs.  Also great fuel to the injectors. Ive been told its a bad TPS. I tried popping the clutch and its the same as cranking it. Still wo t start. 156,379 miles complete maint kept up on the vehicle. Please please someone's help. I dried everything out as well as used a hair dryer low heat to try to make sure all is dry. So this happend two nights ago.

180

Sounds like a flywheel isn't turning over. I would drain power steering fluid and change it. If it's not the flywheel If you have the money and time change the pump only if you have to though

Update: Ok so I get into the jeep and with all the cranking the battery is dying of course. So going to test the TPS, just to check I get in and take it out of gear and crank. It seems ti have a cough when it cranks like it was going to run but then after stopping and pushing the clutch in and cranking more same as before. I wrote before that it should be all dried out. So the TPS pull It out of its clip with the key on I put volt meter on dc voltage, when I put the probe into the first hole I get some voltage but I can hear carb where the TPS plugs into the body actually moving. So I know the power steering pump needs to be replaced but that reservoir not being filled would keep it from starting correct? And you daying that the flywheel sensor from getting wet could be the issue? And does this car have the ability to give me flashing codes? Thanks gang appreciate all your help

180

No if your flywheel was getting wet you would have an oil leak because it's connected to your rear main seal. It might also be a loose vacuum hose one of mine was off and my truck ran like complete garbage it felt like the starter was barely working. As soon as I looked at it and plugged it up. It ran 10x better started up better barely any vibrations in pedals so check that also