A big poof of dust came flying through the vents and my A/C and Heater fan quit working. I checked my fuses. I check the switch. The clutch works. Could this be the relay? It doesn't blow air.

Asked by Aug 06, 2015 at 01:36 PM about the 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr Sport 4WD

A big poof of dust came flying through the vents after I turned on my fan switch. After that my A/C and Heater fan quit working.  I  checked my fuses.  I checked the switch. The clutch works.  Could this be the relay?  The fan  doesn't blow air at all.

Could be that the fan motor burnt out..

Checking that out tomorrow, however, yesterday when I started it and what I think is the fan blew out another poof of dirt from the vent but then nothing after that. I'll have to get back to you. Eventually, I just want a NEW JEEP altogether and it's time for a new car anyway.