what can i do to get my heater to work?

Eli2me
0

Asked by Nov 08, 2012 at 07:04 PM about the 1998 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr SE 4WD

my jeep was over heating so replaced the thermostat, it no longer over heats but the heater does not work, it blows cold air, the defrost works well but is cold and of course the air conditioner works, why am I not getting heat through?  winter is coming and I am not looking at the prospect of a cold car! thanks

montecarloextremest
50

Sounds like you have air in the system let it run for a lil while and release. The pressure in system this will push all air out of system should fix it

Chris McGee
6,085

chances are after t-stat replacement the cyinder head lost all coolant and was probably down a half a gallon or so, you will need to bleed the sytem first

96jeepgrand
10

I have a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee my powering pump and pulley went I fixed it but now my truck over heats to 260-280 then shuts down the heat also won't work blows cold air an coolant is empty minutes later an radiator stays cold?

96jeepgrand
10

Power steering*

jeepthing96
20

My is doing the same thing where and how do you bleed the system help please

Luke Jensen
30

Thermostats (like the one you replaced) are all set to open at a perticular temp. to allow the circulation of anti-freeze when the engine reaches the intended running temp. They stay closed when they are cold to speed the warming process up. The new thermostat you installed could of been designed to open at a lower temp than your old one. Keeping the engine from overheating, but opening up too soon and now allowing your engine to warm up as much as it used to, keeping your heaters colder.