my friend is selling a 1999 manual mustang car for 2200 is that a good buy?

Asked by Oct 01, 2013 at 11:43 PM about the 1999 Ford Mustang Coupe

Depends on several things...The mileage, overall condition of the car (Interior & Exterior) as well as Engine. Price is decent if the car has 80k miles or less AND doesn't need any major work done to it, like a new clutch or engine repairs. Have a reputable mechanic take a look at it first BEFORE you buy it...Friend or owe it to yourself to make sure the car is ok before laying down the $$$ for this car!

thanks, the inside looks good and it works well, the problem is that im a new to manual

Well..since you would need to learn how to drive a 5 speed manual trans. Mustang after you bought it....I would recommend asking your friend to let you practice a little BEFORE buying see if you are comfortable trying to learn with this car. To be 100% honest, you might find the clutch a little more firm and the shifter a bit more stiff and notchy in a '99 Mustang compared to one in a foreign sportscar, like a Nissan 300Z. Also, what is the mileage on the Mustang??

The car is all ready 14 tears old . That sounds like a high price to me go on KBB.COM or and put in the milage and condition that will give you a better idea. Racer_x is right it does depend on alot of different stuff

Best Answer Mark helpful

I really think he should pass on this car...for several reasons, but the OP doesn't even know how to drive stick..and a Mustang is NOT the car to be learning on IMO.

it has 17,000 mileage on it, and thanks you both.

Racer_x i'm learning how on youtube and its coming in handy plus he said he will let me drive it around before i buy it, do you still think its a bad idea?

Are you sure that is not 170,000 because 17,000 would be really low milage for a 1999? maybe the odometer has all ready flipped over a couple of times

Ummm....17,000 miles, huh? Sounds too good to be true, IMO. I'd suggest that you get a CarFax on that bad boy...Since this sounds like it would be a Private Party Sale, YOU would have to ante up the $40 for the report though...OR get HIM to pay for it, to prove that he's on the level with the mileage. Also, YouTube may be helpful, but take it from someone who had to learn the hard way on an old 1980 Datsun with looong shift throws.....You REALLY need to be behind the wheel to learn properly. Sorry, I'm not convinced that this is a good idea for you right now @ derekfl0

thanks for the info Racer_x i appreciate it.

Glad to be of help! If you could hit me with one of the "Mark helpful", I'd appreciate that :) Let us know what you decide to do! I'm a regular on here, so I'm always watching anything I post on!

My daughter bought a 1994 mustang with a v6 manual in it. She had no problem learning to drive manual with that car. She was 20 years old and has no problems whatsoever. It had over 200, 000 miles on it and was a great car for her.

Yeah Markand Norma did you pay $2200 for it.Not a matter of learning to drive it to me sounds like the guy is feading him a line of bs on this car. Plus how do you learn to drive a manual trans on Youtube come on really the only way you will learn is to do it your self