How many 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 4 door sedans challenger 289 v-8 4 speeds were produced ?

Asked by Jan 14, 2017 at 08:39 PM about the 1964 Ford Fairlane Sedan

Hoping the factory 4 speed adds some value considering it's a four door.
Thanks in advance to all of you, really appreciate it.
Just starting this car hobby and have made all the expensive mistakes with
other vehicles......hoping I may get a break for once !!!!!!!
Thank you very much again.
Richard

22,935

sounds like you are trying to flip them? anyway, with old cars, condition is everything- AND any mass-produced, assembly line cars are not as valuable as hand built cars like an old Ferrari- YOUR car, if it is in excellent condition might be worth something- but the high values are reserved for the creme de la creme- yours does not qualify because it is a 4 door- the 4 speed is cool, but as far as value goes, it will not overcome the 4 door handicap- buy 2 doors from now on-

69,375

Try contacting Ford about this. They may be able to research and come up with a number for you. If not, they may be able to point you to someone who can. It actually sounds like you have a "plain jane" family sedan. By the mid '60s most people were willing to pay the extra money for the optional automatic transmission. So I believe your car is indeed unusual. Even my 1970 Pontiac Catalina would have been equipped with a three speed on the column if the original owner had not paid extra for the automatic transmission. Most people buying these cars new were depression era people who had been driving stick shifts for many years and were tired of them. By the '60s they were at a point in their lives that they were established financially and could afford a few niceties. So things like automatic transmission, air conditioning, power steering and brakes were becoming more popular. As far as your car being more valuable because of the stick shift, I doubt it. But it certainly, in my opinion, makes it a special car! HTH. -Jim

Go to this site- ford muscle & post in Fairlane section, I;m a member of the Fairlane club of America, you can email me & discuss if you like. Is the id. plate still on the driver door jamb? If so record the serial # & I can have it deciphered for you, I;ve got a 62 & 63 F;lane sport coupes. cheers Roy r.powell.live@gmail.com