I am wanting to put a 302 in 55 ford fairlane. Will I need to modify the motor mounts

Asked by Jul 16, 2017 at 09:23 PM about the 1955 Ford Fairlane Sedan

It has a 272 y block in it

83,045

I think you will have to do some customization but there is plenty of room under the hood. Why not keep the car original? At least keep the engine and all the original parts with the car.

When I changed out the intake manifold gasket I was vacuuming up old gasket and water started coming out of one of the stud holes that holds the intake down. Not sure what the problem is so figured it would be a good time to change over

83,045

I am not sure that is a problem at all. The studs holes go into the water jacket. Just use a good thread sealant when you reinstall the bolts/studs.

Thanks for that. That is a big game changer. Will take your advice. Thanks so much.