ABS LIGHT ON

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 09:03 AM about the 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Where to start looking at problems on the abs, only thing that happened is the battery was dead and the jeep was jumped, the light came on and was intermittent for a while no its on.
Scan to the abs was preformed and message is that abs is not supported .thought it is the abs controller, was replaced no success, brake peddle in run position at start up abs pump pulses all fuses, relays and connections look ind good, any one have ideas maybe simple checks. thanks Bob

68,695

Each time you start the vehicle the ABS system runs a self diagnosis. If a fault is found the ABS light on the dash stays on for that ignition cycle. Try this, take a large screwdriver and, before you start your Jeep, tap on the pump and modulator assembly with the handle of the screwdriver. If the ABS light goes out the pump motor is probably sticking. HTH. -Jim

Jim knows what he is talking about. guaranteed. But also if by chance a wheel speed sensor has failed, it will light it up too. This is the sensor parts. 2000 Wrangler