2000 Wrangler Won't Start after jumping another car

10

Asked by Mar 07, 2016 at 09:40 PM about the 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE

I have a 2000 Wrangler tj, last week i jumped another vehicle off of my jeeps battery, i left the motor off on the jeep while jumping the other vehicle because the parking break doesnt hold well, after jumping the other car the wrangler will turn over but not start, ive checked all fuses and relays, i dont think it is the cam position sensor.... i have good fuel pressure to the rail, just no spark, im thinking the pcm is toast although all gauges ect are working, there is no trouble codes and no problems with the code reader connecting to the pcm, ive tried resetting the pcm, before i replace the super pricey pcm, has anyone experienced this or have any other troubleshooting tips?

94,965

Crank sensor are a known failure and you better replace the cam sensor while your at it. Had mine fail so I put them both in and so far no more failures.

10

i think that will be my next step, i don't know of a way to test it other than just to swap in a new one, from what ive read a bad cam sensor will not pass fuel or spark when cranking, i have fuel.... still if there is the smallest chance it may be a 30 dollar cam sensor, im gonna try it. the 4.0 tj computer is hard to find cheap

5,445

wasn't a "reverse jump" was it...if that were the case...the Alternator would no longer charge your battery up anymore....so replace the defective alternator...some carry a replacement warranty~

10

wires never crossed, but the vehicle i jumped was dead dead. the battery has good voltage and easily turns the jeep over