air conditioning

40

Asked by Apr 22, 2016 at 02:57 PM about the 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD

Blows cold when cold
outside,but hot when hot
outside.

40

My answer to what? I thought you answer my question. Did I comply wrong?

5,165

you must go for air conditioning service...where they will change the filter/dryer that is probably wrecked...clean the evaporator drain (do that water does not end up on your feet....and recharge the system~ ...probably still want to engage the a/c for removing condensation from the windshield regardless of the outside temp~

5,165

and evacuate the system (this is why one might not be able to perform this themselves)~

40

Had serviced and recharged. Working when I left but now,only work cold when it's cooler outside.

40

Could there be a thermostat issue?

40

Thanks very much, for your time.

5,165

of course...the engine operating temp is 295....if the thing is stuck open will allow the coolant to flow through the whole loop...including your heater box~ leavin you with practically NO heat~ if defrost is selected will engage the air flow to the windshield first passing through the evaporator...if plain heat...the flap will close the evaporator from the air flow circuit~ so check the operation of the Defrost vs Air pointed at your feet cable connection...if it seems loose and ineffective~ kudos on gettin' your vehicle a bit of service~!

18,160

Clean condenser coil with a garden hose and nozzle if the coil is clogged with dirt and bug not getting enough air flow across coil.

5,165

firebird338 you and I have a shop-vac...putting a hose inside the care seems a little hard to keep things dry...'specially the 'lectronics...I guess you mean once the evaprator is OUT of the car...they I agree...there are much better ways of assuring that the evaporator drain is not plugged with bugs...spiderwebs..dust...AIR BLAST...if you can find the exit...is one remedy...others are a "coat hanger" cut and straightened~ some cars actually have a rubber piece that redirects from the evap drain too~ car crazy....especially in the alberta clipper section where you might be lucky to crisp open the hose and turn the spigot from the mountian of ice that is beneath the hose bib~...but your choice this is all free advise here~

5,165

my mistake the radiator in front of the radiator...she would probably not go cold then? couldn't hurt...if your hose is not frozen shut~