02 Jeep Limited Liberty Overheating

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 03:30 PM about the 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD

I have a 02 Jeep Limited Liberty. I had taken it to the garage in Feb due to heater didnt
feel like it was blowing hot air. Got the thermostat replaced then 3 months later drove
about 115 miles then it overheated.. redlined. Got it back home n had it taken to garage
again. They couldnt get it to overheat so took it home after couple days, drove about 20
miles same thing overheated. Took back to garage same thing couldnt get it to overheat.
Had it parked for about a month due to back surgery would go start it about every week n
got drove around to make sure it just wasnt sitting. Went out two weeks ago my dome
lights were flickering off n on, checked doors and restarted vehicle it was fine. Next day it
was dead. Took about 10 mins to get started with another vehicle n then as it was sitting
it sounded like it was backfiring. Took it back to garage, they replaced battery, thermostat
n water pump. Got jeep back n it is starting to overheat mainly now just running errands.
They said they have flushed everything, no moisture in my oil no leaks anywhere and
replaced radiator lid.. Overheated today not in redline but like 3/4th line only about 2
miles. Mechanic had me idle vehichle n when i was the temperature would go down
some.. please help i have no knowledge of vehicles n garage doesnt know what else to

yes we did this yesterday...my associate H25 actually responded to me on this one~☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑ That's all that's left. An 11 year old radiator, which the OP does not mention if they bought new or not and neither he or she, or ourselves have no way of knowing if somebody ran straight water in it in the past☹ possibly for an extended period of time, surely any mechanic with a car that came in with a overheating problem would not allow a car to leave his shop with straight water either. So speculating, if it was run on water for a few years that would cinch it if we knew that. But it has a new thermostat, maybe suggest a 165º thermostat. Yes, a NEW radiator, I remember radiator shops that you took your old plugged up one in and they un-soldered the top-- gave it an acid bath and whatever they did and when you picked it up it looked new. I have a feeling some of the passages inside are clogged and a new radiator will do the trick, with a 165º thermostat, let's get the flow going sooner too.✔ ☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒