problem with my radiator

45

Asked by Jun 05, 2007 at 11:15 PM about the 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

About a month ago, my car overheated.  The tow truck driver was shocked to see a jeep wrangler needing a tow.  He told me it was very rare.  When I brought it in to my mechanic (specializes in Jeeps), he couldn't understand how my radiator could have gone the way it did.  Apparently I had lots of debris from tree leaves stuck in the radiator (mainly pine needles) which caused it to overheat.  He mentioned it was the first time he's ever seen this.  I have no clue how it could have happened.  I don't live in the woods, and I haven't a pine tree near where I park my car.  In fact, my car is parked in my garage most of the time.  Now in order for me to avoid this damage and the cost of 800$ to repair, I have to flush out the radiator every three months.  Have you ever heard of this problem before?

22,580

Hi barbara! No I have owned several Jeeps and I have to admit that is a new one on me. has the problem reoccurred? I'm not sure that you need to flush the radiator that frequently but then again I can't wrap my mind around the original problem. I would seek a second opinion with a dealership and see if they arrive at the same issue, Ask them to flush the system and check it out without telling them the problem and see what they say. Good luck!