How can I tell which security system is installed in my Jeep Liberty's, 2002 and 2003?

Asked by Jun 22, 2015 at 03:34 PM about the 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD

when setting up insurance for these two, I do enter each VIN, but it asks me which of
many security systems is installed.  The specific manuals don't define which is used, just
giving info, saying "if installed".  I just bought these a few days ago.  2002 Liberty Limited,
2003 Liberty Sport

If the insurance company is asking for "factory installed" or "aftermarket" they want to know if you have an alarm that was put in by a shop or if your Jeep came with an alarm. If that's not what they're asking, visit your local Chrysler Dealer with your VIN and driver's license (for proof of ownership). They'll be able to run your VIN on each vehicle and tell you. HTH. -Jim

The owners manual is indeed woefully lacking in information about the security systems. Page 28 is all there is, and there is not much as I'm sure you know. Look for stickers, maybe in the drivers door jamb or chassis, or on window glass. You might not even have one. It does have a passive anti-theft, and Passive means you don't have to manually arm it. But alarm? Other security? I don't want to suggest insurance fraud, by saying just pick one from the list for the benefit of your insurance to pacify them. You might have to take them to a Dealer and have them inspected to find out what, if any, you have if you don't see any stickers anywhere. KARR is what I have on my Toyota, it's not factory, but sets off alarm if glass is broken or forced entry attempted. But even if a would-be thief got IN the car, they're not going anywhere because of immobilizer

Hi Jim. Your post was not there

Hi Fordnut, sometimes that seems to happen. -Jim

Thanks guys!