Interminent Electrical issues

Asked by Feb 10, 2014 at 01:28 PM about the 2000 GMC Yukon Denali 4WD

At times the radio and dash lights will quickly cut out and come back on. Other times the entire vehicle will shut down and then restart while driving. A few times the entire vehicle will shut down and have to be restarted while driving...then the daytime running lights won't come back on and have to be manually turned on using dash switch. HELP!

Most likely it's a bad ground check them all start at the ground/negative battery cable make sure all the bolts are tight, free of corrosion and not frayed I had the same problems it was just a bad battery cable replaced it and cleaned all contacts

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks Haze541BlackSS! This seems to have done the trick thus far. I also discovered a squeaking alternator while cleaning and tightening all the ground wires. Not sure if I need to replace it at this point, as everything else seems to be working fine.

I was just wondering did this solve your electrical issues in the long run? Or did you end up experiencing more electrical issues? I recently bought a 2001 Yukon Denali and it is just a complete mess, electrically. Everything is going hay wire and is randomly wacky! Dashboard cluster, windows, rear wiper, dvd player, door locks, a/c, mirrors, puddle lights just about every single electrical component is acting crazy. Electrical components that were already replaced with new ones are still working off and on randomly. I tried telling the mechanic it's a deeper rooted issue within the wiring/grounds etc but he doesn't seem to listen to me. Most recently my vehicle broke down completely. I had already been driving about 5 miles when I was stopped at a stop sign. I went to take off to cross the intersection. The vehicle made it about a quarter of the way out into the intersection when it decided to stop moving, I remember some noise but cant exactly describe the initial noise. I just remember one specific noise. I immediately tried to put it in park and restart the vehicle thinking it just stalled out. After restarting it, I then tried shifting from park to drive again and this was the noise I remember.... an extremely awful loud spinning and grinding noise. Sounded like gears or something. Anyways, it would sit running without this noise but as soon as you shifted into any gear other than park it would make the awful noise. So it would not go anywhere either. Had it towed to a repair shop, mechanic says the transmission went in it and is rebuilding the transmission. Charging $2,100 for a transmission rebuild. All of the electrical issues still exsist. Needing help and trying to figure out these weird electrical "gremlins"!

I want to replace my stereo system in my 2002 Yukon xl but there are 2 wiring harnesses and the radio I bought only has one spot for a harness is there a way around this