Issue with passenger side window weird interaction with driver side switch

5

Asked by Jun 29, 2015 at 11:47 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX

I have a issue with my 2005 Accord Coupe. There is a history. first my passenger window
was working intermittently. From the Driver's side it would always close but not always
open until multiple attempts. it also started closing auto up (it is not an auto up passenger
window). then over the winter is stopped working altogether. Stuck in the closed position. I
took it to a dealer and after hours of diagnosis they replaced the motor and regulator on
that side. I noticed it is still doing the auto up thing. sometimes takes a couple attempts.
Also, if you operate the window from the passenger side then close it from the driver's side
and go back to operating from the passenger side it opens then automatically closes when
I take my hand off the switch. to stop this you must use the driver's side again. Any ideas?
could it be one of the switches or both?

20,835

one idea is if it goes auto up, it may be holding power to the motor even after window stops. a frayed wire in the rubber tube at the door hinges from bending on opening door can short out also, just a thought.

5

Thanks Jimmy. Do you think it is more likely a wiring issue then a switch? in addition the above it won't always open in one click, I have to hold down the switch for several seconds then it starts to open. you can always hear the click whether it works or not. Does that in combination with the above info add up to anything meaningful?