Why did all my driver side electrical and key fob stop working and how can I fix it?

Asked by Apr 17, 2015 at 04:10 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6

Replaced both window regulators and driver side master switch. Everything was
working. Now key fobs don't work and driver side window will not move. Unable to
reprogram key fobs as they do nothing. Tried resetting electronics by disconnecting
battery for 10 minutes and reconnecting, without result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3,755

It actually sounds like the master switch plug in the driver's door may have fallen off the switch. That would pretty much kill everything. Have you checked all the fuses and relays in the car?

The master switch is brand new and I have checked the plug in to make sure it it secure.

The passenger side window works from the driver side.

3,755

Not being a smart ass, but did you check all the connections inside the drivers door to make sure they are all connected securely? There should be no less than 2 and possibly as many as 4 or 5 inside the door. What you did with the regulators should not have anything to do with the key fobs not working, unless a power supply to the door wiring or the sending/receiving unit for the key fobs has been interrupted. Have you checked for power to all hot lines inside the door? Also, you didn't say if you checked ALL of the fuses and ALL of the relays like I originally asked. You also need to be aware, especially with newer cars and Asian & Japanese makes, there are often split circuits in the cars now where you have more than 1 fuse powering one item, or several items from a single source, so checking all of the fuses is very important.

I have visually checked every fuse both in the drivers side fusebox and engine compartment. All are good. Everything was working after replacing the master switch and regulators. passenger side window works from both doors. Door locks do not operate unless the key is on. All connections are good in the door. There are no chafed wires or any sign that any of them could be bad. Don't have a meter to test relays. Have seen on another site where the MCU could be the culprit. I think that I will have to get it to the Honda shop for hands on professional service as this is apparently beyond my capabilities. If you think of anything else, please let me know. If I find a solution, I will post it so that others might benefit.

3,755

OK, great will see if I can find anything else to help you.