2005 Honda Accord LX 4 Door 4 Cylinder Cruise Control Stopped Working, Main Cruise Control Light Will Not Stay On

100

Asked by Oct 12, 2012 at 06:02 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord Coupe LX

The Main Cruise Control button on the steering wheel of my 2005 Honda Accord LX just stopped working.  I can push the button down and the light will light up on the dash board.  As soon as I release the button, the light goes off and the cruise control does not engage/work.  Looked through my owners manual and cannot find anything about this issue.  Is there a fuse for the cruise control?  If so, Is it the 'ACC'?  The manual does not show anything for 'Cruise Control' in the fuse section.  Also, if I am going in the wrong direction here, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm a female with no background in vehicle repair..:)

100

O.K. - here's the latest 'finding'.....I am not mechanically inclined - so bear with me please. I stuck the tip of a tooth pick into the Main Cruise Control Button on the Steering Wheel, and as long as the tooth-pick stays in place, my CC works as normal. After inserting the tooth pick, the main CC lights up on the dash board so does the regular CC. So - obviously it is not the fuse. . Please! One of you Honda experts help me with this. Being female, walking into a car repair shop or Honda dealer for repair is like having 'hey, I'm female, take advantage cuz I have no idea'..... PLEASE!!

I know this was a year ago but my 2005 Honda has the exact same problem right now. Any info? Did you repair it ?

4,135

my 07 accord had this problem for a while, i finally had it fixed because my horn also stopped working. the culprit for my car was something called a "clock spring" its in the steering wheel behind the air bag. once this was replaced i got my horn back and cruise control. i dont remember how much it was to fix.