2017 civic keyless entry

5

Asked by Oct 26, 2016 at 07:44 AM about the 2017 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation

I bought my 2017 honda civic hatch last week and
now all of a sudden my keyless entry to lock and
unlock the doors isn't working and neither does the
auto start ... help!

246,875

Time to contact the dealer, your car is under warranty, but maybe replace the battery in the fob first?

Did you find out what was causing the problem? I have a 2017 Civic hatchback and mine just started doing the same thing.

30

Same car same problem

5

I never did find out what the problem is. It doesn't happen right away so when I took it to the dealer, they stood there locking it and then immediately unlocking it and of course it works... I'm not really sure what to do now but I'm really sick of it

if you have your second key inside the vehicle it wont lock or remote start

do not have things like your cell phone in front of your keys. that will distract the sensors

30

My problem seems to be with the car, rather than the key. I have held the key in my hand, away from electronics, phones, and my other key and the keyless entry will not work. It seems like the car side receiver goes to "sleep" after a while. The keyless entry works perfectly if the car has just been locked or unlocked. If I stand next to the car, press lock or unlock on the key, the car sensor wakes up and the keyless entry works perfectly. But if I stand there for 5 minutes then try it again, the car goes to sleep and the keyless entry no longer works. Still trying to find a solution. TMade an appointment and took it to the dealer, but all their diagnostic computers were broken so the techs just looked at it and couldnt figure it out.

my hatch's keyless entry doesn't work too.

Wow same car same issue - I haven't checked with dealer yet but good to know I'm not alone!

40

Same exact problem, took my Honda Civic 2017 hatchback to the dealer. They said that Honda is aware of the issue and does not have a fix at this time (4-2-17) it's 5/16/17 today and still not fix available. They said to check back later. Going to try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes, to reset everything and see if that fixes it.

Same here. Hatch with keyless issue. Please update if you find a solution

I had the same problem. I showed it to one dealer and it worked in front of that dealer. Made me wondering what the issue is. Then I replicated the issue in front of the other dealer by locking it going far away from the car for at least 5 mins. So they diagnosed the issue and seems to be a issue is some part which needs to be replaced. They have ordered the part for me but the wait time is at least 5 weeks. So guys go to the dealer and replicate the issue by locking the car and stay away for 5 min and then come back and try to open without using key, it won't work.

40

My attempted fix of disconnecting the battery, worked. Fix: Disconnect both battery cables wait 10 minutes then push the engine start button. (this will relieve any power still stored within any capacitors). Reconnect the battery cables, make sure they are tight and the cables don't move. That's it.

5

I will try the battery fix and still try to show the dealer again at some point. My issue isn't just with the locking anymore. My radio also has a mid of its own. The screen jumps through the pages whenever it wants to. Sometimes when I'm using the maps it goes back to the radio screen on its own... Pain in the a$$ this car has been. Anyone else having these issues as well?

40

Nicole, I had that issue as well as the locking and the battery fix corrected it. I haven't had any issues for about 3 weeks now.

I have two Hatches and both are having this trouble. Some have said its a faulty Body Control Module but that has already been replaced on one of mine and the issue continues.