2017 civic keyless entry

Asked by Oct 26, 2016 at 07:44 AM about the 2017 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation

I bought my 2017 honda civic hatch last week and
now all of a sudden my keyless entry to lock and
unlock the doors isn't working and neither does the
auto start ... help!

241,575

Time to contact the dealer, your car is under warranty, but maybe replace the battery in the fob first?

Did you find out what was causing the problem? I have a 2017 Civic hatchback and mine just started doing the same thing.

30

Same car same problem

I never did find out what the problem is. It doesn't happen right away so when I took it to the dealer, they stood there locking it and then immediately unlocking it and of course it works... I'm not really sure what to do now but I'm really sick of it

if you have your second key inside the vehicle it wont lock or remote start

do not have things like your cell phone in front of your keys. that will distract the sensors

30

My problem seems to be with the car, rather than the key. I have held the key in my hand, away from electronics, phones, and my other key and the keyless entry will not work. It seems like the car side receiver goes to "sleep" after a while. The keyless entry works perfectly if the car has just been locked or unlocked. If I stand next to the car, press lock or unlock on the key, the car sensor wakes up and the keyless entry works perfectly. But if I stand there for 5 minutes then try it again, the car goes to sleep and the keyless entry no longer works. Still trying to find a solution. TMade an appointment and took it to the dealer, but all their diagnostic computers were broken so the techs just looked at it and couldnt figure it out.

my hatch's keyless entry doesn't work too.

Wow same car same issue - I haven't checked with dealer yet but good to know I'm not alone!

20

Same exact problem, took my Honda Civic 2017 hatchback to the dealer. They said that Honda is aware of the issue and does not have a fix at this time (4-2-17) it's 5/16/17 today and still not fix available. They said to check back later. Going to try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes, to reset everything and see if that fixes it.

Same here. Hatch with keyless issue. Please update if you find a solution