2017 civic keyless entry

15

Asked by Oct 26, 2016 at 07:44 AM about the 2017 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation

I bought my 2017 honda civic hatch last week and
now all of a sudden my keyless entry to lock and
unlock the doors isn't working and neither does the
auto start ... help!

254,245

Time to contact the dealer, your car is under warranty, but maybe replace the battery in the fob first?

Did you find out what was causing the problem? I have a 2017 Civic hatchback and mine just started doing the same thing.

40

Same car same problem

15

I never did find out what the problem is. It doesn't happen right away so when I took it to the dealer, they stood there locking it and then immediately unlocking it and of course it works... I'm not really sure what to do now but I'm really sick of it

if you have your second key inside the vehicle it wont lock or remote start

do not have things like your cell phone in front of your keys. that will distract the sensors

40

My problem seems to be with the car, rather than the key. I have held the key in my hand, away from electronics, phones, and my other key and the keyless entry will not work. It seems like the car side receiver goes to "sleep" after a while. The keyless entry works perfectly if the car has just been locked or unlocked. If I stand next to the car, press lock or unlock on the key, the car sensor wakes up and the keyless entry works perfectly. But if I stand there for 5 minutes then try it again, the car goes to sleep and the keyless entry no longer works. Still trying to find a solution. TMade an appointment and took it to the dealer, but all their diagnostic computers were broken so the techs just looked at it and couldnt figure it out.

my hatch's keyless entry doesn't work too.

Wow same car same issue - I haven't checked with dealer yet but good to know I'm not alone!

60

Same exact problem, took my Honda Civic 2017 hatchback to the dealer. They said that Honda is aware of the issue and does not have a fix at this time (4-2-17) it's 5/16/17 today and still not fix available. They said to check back later. Going to try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes, to reset everything and see if that fixes it.

Same here. Hatch with keyless issue. Please update if you find a solution

I had the same problem. I showed it to one dealer and it worked in front of that dealer. Made me wondering what the issue is. Then I replicated the issue in front of the other dealer by locking it going far away from the car for at least 5 mins. So they diagnosed the issue and seems to be a issue is some part which needs to be replaced. They have ordered the part for me but the wait time is at least 5 weeks. So guys go to the dealer and replicate the issue by locking the car and stay away for 5 min and then come back and try to open without using key, it won't work.

60

My attempted fix of disconnecting the battery, worked. Fix: Disconnect both battery cables wait 10 minutes then push the engine start button. (this will relieve any power still stored within any capacitors). Reconnect the battery cables, make sure they are tight and the cables don't move. That's it.

15

I will try the battery fix and still try to show the dealer again at some point. My issue isn't just with the locking anymore. My radio also has a mid of its own. The screen jumps through the pages whenever it wants to. Sometimes when I'm using the maps it goes back to the radio screen on its own... Pain in the a$$ this car has been. Anyone else having these issues as well?

60

Nicole, I had that issue as well as the locking and the battery fix corrected it. I haven't had any issues for about 3 weeks now.

I have two Hatches and both are having this trouble. Some have said its a faulty Body Control Module but that has already been replaced on one of mine and the issue continues.

I had this issue and "fixed with disconnecting battery. 3 months later it is happening again.

60

Well Guru97QNC, it hasn't been 3 months for me yet, but I may have found the cause of the issue. It has something to do with connecting an apple device the the USB port. My radio started to freak out again, beeping and you can't select anything. Disconnected to battery and I'm back to normal. I started to connect the phone prior to starting the car. I haven't had any issues since I started doing this. 2 weeks now.

My cars keyless entry just stopped working. Very annoying. Has anyone had any resolutions with the dealer?

Just spent over 3 hours at dealer. Service manager said it is the first he has heard of this problem. They checked out the system, tried to change "settings". Only thing that worked was a hard reset, which is not just disconnecting the battery but resetting using a computer which completely resets all the modules. He said just disconnecting the battery leaves some voltage in the system and not everything gets completely reset. Time will tell if it worked

After taking my car to the dealer they concluded that it was a faulty module that needs to be replaced. I have to take in my car so they can work on replacing it. Has anyone had this done? I'm scared that my car will not be the same after? But they should know what they are doing.

This happened to me tonight! I did my usual routine and opened my trunk to put my stuff in it. Then went to unlock my door with handle and nothing happened. I got out my keys and used fob to unlock and nothing happened. When I went back to the trunk, I noticed the rear yellow lights were on.. and so were the front. The car was not responding to any remote entry or locking. Called Honda and they did not advise me to manually unlock because it would set off alarm and they weren't sure if I could shut it off . So, I had to get it towed ( good thing I have roadside assistance). Droppes the car off at honda service dept and will see what they say tomorrow. This is not acceptable that this is an ongoing issue that they aren't fixing. I predict they will either say tjey don't know what the problem is or that there is no fix yet. Anyone get a fix for this? I had a strange issue with the touchscreen a few months back where it was frozen and the time wasn't working as well. I wonder if it is a slow computer failure. Not happy woth Honda

I have the same problem with the same car! I was wondering if anybody has the beeping going on with the stereo as well?

10

Guess what just happened to me Same issue 2017 civic EX, only 6months old.. It works if I lock the door and immediately try to open it but walk away and come back and it wouldn't work. Was getting gas today and got paranoid that it would not open. Will take it in to Honda and see what they say.

Hi all! Honda actually is going to be releasing a recall for the lockout issue when opening the trunk. After getting car towed to a Honda dealer, they called the Honda tech line and sure enough they knew about this issue and gave them a fix for it. It needs a new part. If your Honda dealer tells you there is no fix, tell them to call the Honda tech line. I am loving proof that they know of the issue AND have a fix for it. The Honda dealer didn’t know why the recall wasn’t released yet but it will be soon! Hope this helps.