99 escort se engine help

150

Asked by Mar 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort 4 Dr SE Sedan

I have a 99 ford escort se I don't know what to do I've read that ford made 3
different engine blocks I guess I had the first gen and I didn't know at the time
and still really don't but I got the third gen I don't know my original said
SplitPortInduction2000 and this new one says 2.0 L SplitPort I don't know if I
need a new engine and I know I'm not making sense but the pcv hose
doesn't connect anywhere do I need an entire new engine?

122,695

It's the same enging in 99 it was called SplitPortInduction2000 and from 2000 to 2004 the same engine was used in the Ford Focus, it was called"Split Port" there were 7 displacements produced. Will it fit, I think so, does the new engine have a PCV yes, but you will need to locate it..

122,695

http://www.justanswer.com/car/04fmp-2001-ford-escort-trying- locate-pcv-valve-so.html

150

Ok wait I replaced the valve cover because the new one didn't match the hoses circled in orange is the new

150

Circled in orange in on the new and circled in purple is the hose that doesn't reach what's circled in orange

150

Circled in purple is where the hose from previous picture came off the old cover

150

And as well from the first picture which seem to have an "extra" part that's circled in orange on the new this one circled in purple is the old cover which is nonexistent

150

So this is the engine I pulled from the junkyard

150

And this is what I had in my car

122,695

Ok I think that hose coming off the valce cover goes here

150

Yes that's my old engine but on the new one I don't have that

150

that's why I change the valve covers

150

That's why I change the valve covers by the cylinder 2 was bad therefore the block is the new one the cover is the old one now

122,695

Yes you do, its on the side of the engine, its there believe me...look by the thermostat i think it there...

150

Wait I'm lost what's on the side?

122,695

Look at the photo ! that loose hose on the engine purchased goes to the intake ! I split the photo on the new engine and the old, Makes sense ?

150

On the new engine from the junkyard there is no connection for that hose for the pcv valve I looked and it's not there the engine is in the car it will start and run but it acts as if it has a very bad misfire I check the coil and I have the firming order right I have to hold the gas for it to stay running would the pcv valve hose not being hooked up cause this

150

And I also checked the timing it is good

122,695

It could because of not having the PCV valve installed, Let me lok to see if I can find something on the engine tyou have and where it is installed, There has to be a PCV valve on the new engine, I could swear it's on the side of the engine, Stand by let me look...

122,695

OK, Oh the PCV valves I stand corrected, look at the photo and this is where the PCV valve is on you new engine and where it goes, Let me look for where that other hose may go !

122,695

Looks like that other hose goes to the breather/Air filter Box from what I can see, look at the photo...

150

Are the intake manifolds different from the 2 pictures you look you can see there is 3 little black nipples where the hoses connect mine new engine has the 3 nipple connector and on the picute you posted it has only one coming straight up out of the intake manifold

122,695

Point out in the photo what you are referring to please

150

This is the first one I'm,talking about

150

This is the other one

122,695

The first photo I think it goes to the EGR Solniod, second one I think Is the PCV we were tha talking about, hard to make it out in the photo

150

I'm talking I'm talking about the little black nipples they're like a three-way like a Y. I know where the EGR vacuum holes goes I know where that runs

122,695

I seen it, do you have an ERG solniod as well

150

Yes i do have a egr solenoid

122,695

There should be a vac hose, see it has one if not this may go there !

122,695

How are you making out????

Best Answer Mark helpful
150

I had to get a new engine and there is something wrong with this one as well, I’m assuming vacuum hoses as well. I have a trans mount almost completely gone so I’m actually sure if the make have to do with another problem, and I have no idea what. Also if I use the radio my car wants to stall as well and the heat. And it bucks going up a hill or if I’m going around 30~35 mph and faster on the regular street. Therefore I’m actually not sure where to even start if I should even start. Oh also as well obviously check engine light is on I haven’t read if there were any new codes because it’s stalled a few time and this one makes me sound crazy but I’d start the car drive wherever shut it off go shopping for food I’d come out and it wouldn’t turn on completely dead, so I jingle the negative terminal where it has that black box on it and if I remember that goes to the starter but I only touch the box, ok I’m sorry I’m rambling next the emergency brake light is on sometimes if feels like it wants to go off and it does then comes back on but that’s rare so it’s usually always on, and it just popped on one day out of no where and that brake still works. I tried to think of it all and I’m sorry for the confusion. I appreciate your help so much !

150

Reason I had to get a new engine was cylinder 4 was bad.