Location of power outlets... (accessory outlets)

Asked by Aug 27, 2011 at 09:46 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort 4 Dr SE Sedan

I've looked all over the fuse block inside and out, but can't find a place to plug a
wire into. I'd like to tap a power source that is on only when the key is on. Any ideas
where these might be located?

if taping into a fuse,you need a test light,avalable at any parts store,tuch the metel on fuse that you can see with fuse still pluged in,a red light will light up on a hot fuse,turn key switch off if light on test light goes off tap into that fuse,if stays on is hot all the time.in short,try the radio fuse.

That would work. But isn't there already a place where you can just use a flat blade connection and just push it in there? I remember in the old days there was always a couple of places on the fuse block where you could hook to when adding electrical accessories...

true,but like you said the old days.todays cars wireing runs in a controlled loop for the computer.what is it you wanting to hook up.

Well don't shoot me for this, but I need to wire the fan for the radiator to a switch. :) We can't get the sensor out, so we have to bypass it and hook the fan to a switch. I'd prefer to hook the switch to a contact that turns of when the car is off, in case the the fan is left on, that way the battery won't get drained. :) An 18 yr. old girl drives this car and I know she'll forget to turn the fan off...;)