the power antena on my 1995 Isuzu Trooper Limited quit working. is there a fuese or realy for it. I looked in both fuese box locations and there is no fuese listed for the antena.

Asked by Mar 13, 2012 at 06:26 PM about the 1995 Isuzu Trooper 4 Dr Limited 4WD SUV

875

To find the answer you will have to go through the wiring in a number of places to find the break in the chain. There is usually a wire coming out of the stereo that becomes charged when the radio is turned on telling the antenna to come up. If that wire is working then the break could be anywhere else further down the line leading up to the antenna. The second problem could be with the power or ground wire that remain constant connection to the antenna motor. So, go out, get yourself a nice little test light and good luck. Or you could always have the retractable antenna replaced with one that stays up all the time, they're less expensive than you think.

On my 1997 Bighorn the fuse that you need to remove is in the kick panel on drivers side - and is the one that is for the audio system. they all work off the same power feed. My aerial got broken and when I cut it off the power wind motor would not stop so I had to remove the fuse.