my lighter socket is not getting power to it. I cannot find which fuse its on?

25

Asked by May 27, 2008 at 02:03 AM about the 1999 Ford Escort 2 Dr ZX2 Hot Coupe

The wires are Yellow and black out of the back of the lighter socket. Is there a fusable link or where is the fuse for this?

40,335

There is a fusible link located in the wiring.

25

Where?

55

not sure about ford escort but for most cars, fuse box will be located in the kick panel or under the steering wheel comlumn. also there is a fuse box in the engine bay but the fuse you're looking for will most likely not be there but you can double check. if it all fails, what you can do is tag off the radio's accessory or constant wire and jump that to the cig. lighter. remember to cut the wire going out to the fuse box on the lighter and put a fuse inbetween the line just incase. if you wanna know whats + and -, on the cig. lighter plug there will be a nut in the center and a seperate piece surrounding it. the center piece is + and outer is -.

15

it has a fuse in the panel the probably comes with finding the right fuse usually there is diagram in on the inside of the cover, or in your manual somewhere, the fuse panel is usually right there on the on the drivers side under the steering wheel on on the wall (not the fire wall)