'95 Isuzu Pickup Brake Question

325

Asked by Feb 01, 2013 at 03:30 PM about the 1995 Isuzu Pickup 2 Dr S Standard Cab SB

Looking to do the rear brake shoes on my '95 isuzu pickup at the same time as I do the e-brake cables. The cables were tough to find, but I finally found them. Anyway, I've heard that these trucks (like most trucks) can have varying shoe sizes depending on engine, bed size, etc. Is this true? I would like to buy shoes for both sides. Should they come with all hardware, or is there a hardware kit that I need to buy in addition?

of course there are differences!~ think about the different combinations that Isuzu uses on this very chassis, load duties? quite unaware of the level of customization allowed at your Isuzu dealership, but would hazard to guess there were at least four flavors Isuzu standard duty that year~ It's just the rear shoes, right. Discs in the front. Pretty much have to have the three brake tools to do the job in addition to a socket set. Just go with the factory shoes. They will be of the correct material and will wear accordingly. There is NO hardware with this, it in another kit. For funzies you could do a bit of research youself on Autoparts warehouse.com, and view ALL the permutations~

325

Thanks for the tips. To be honest, I don't care too much about being OEM, so long as the pads fit. Heck, the truck has 157k miles on it, so chances are these shoes will outlive the truck, OEM or otherwise. My main question is this: Were I to buy a set like this (provided they are correct), is there any other hardware I'd need to buy in addition? http://www.jcwhitney.com/1981-1995-isuzu-pickup/centric-preferred-brake-shoes/p2022540d1137y1981-1995j1.jcwx

You're right. They aren't handing out awards for being a perfectonist. I do know that the stin-jee man requently has to do the job twice-, but if it sounds good to you it sound good to me. Brakes are really minor if you think about it. My experience with Isuzu is they are slick, perhaps a little to slick for their own good (84 Impulse) did like the projector onto the windshild business. what was wrong with that!>? :(