A/C Clutch Won't Dissegage

Asked by Mar 15, 2014 at 07:58 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort 2 Dr ZX2 Cool Coupe

My daughter complained of low heat out put. I changes the thermostat because  she
explained to me that the temp gauge was running lower than normal.Well after changing
the thermostat the heat out put was till bad. Than I paid more attention to under the hood
and I heard the A/C Compressor running while I was in the heat mode. I had to yank the
fuse out to get the compressor to quit turning. Could it be the CCRM?

34,585

Try switching the heater directional flow indicator switch around. On my 1999 F350 the A/C stayed on except when was on vents only........ I think. Anyway it comes from the factory that way. Check it out and see if its like that on the Escort, I bet it is. As for low heat the heater blend door isn't working properly.

Thanks for the input! With just a little more searching and the Owners Manual I found that the A/C compressor will run in any mode except vent and floor if the temperature is above 50. So the s system is operating normally!

The blend door does operate or should I say the actuator does. I'll have to check the heater operation when I get home from work. I didn't get a chance to drive last night due to low coolant from the thermostat change.