1999 ford contour will not start

Asked by Aug 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM about the 1999 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

Due to my injury the car sat for about 6 months. Now it cranks but will not start. Battery was completely dead - now fully charged. Fuel tank was empty and now has new fuel. It seems like it is not even trying to fire. Just cranks.

31,265

Was the tank completly empty for that time? if so you have condensation aka water in three fuel lines.

Good question. I was not clear in the description. The tank had about 2 gal. of gas with sta-bil additive.

31,265

That's no enough to prevent condensation. Was the.engine Light

31,265

Gerrrrr. Was not done but my phone thought other wise. Any way was the engine run for 15 minutes after the stable was added?

Knowing I was going to be laid up I added the sta-bil and my wife drove me to and from the surgery. Car was running fine when parked. Only car issue was a new alternator a year before. I thought I'd just charge the battery and fire her up. Cranks but will not fire Is there something with the computer to reset if it has no battery for a while? Just grasping.

The engine is the 2.5L six.

78,035

The fuel pump could have failed from just sitting, do you hear a slight whine when you just turn on the key?

I can hear the fuel pump - left driver's side kick panel - hum/buzz for about a second when I turn the key to "on" but not engine start.

78,035

OK good, so I'm going to assume you have good fuel pressure, check to see if you have spark, then after that check for injector voltage then injector driver signal.

Got it. Thanks all for such responses!!! I figured I might get one response in a couple of days. I'll check those and get back to you with the results.