How do i fix? Transmission won't shift automaticaly after coming to a stop

Asked by Dec 02, 2013 at 12:27 AM about the 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 4 Dr S V6 4WD SUV

Drives fine when first shifted into drive but after coming to a stop it will not shift back in to
1st gear.

smell the transmission fluid...change the fluid at AAMCO or service place...they'll check the pan magnet for pieces of the transmission~

Had the same problem with my trooper, replaced the shift solenoids and the problem went away.

I have a 99 izusu trooper transmission was slipping and the the check trans light comes on but now when i put it in drive i won't move Forward but when I put it in reverse it backs up can somebody tell me what can be wrong!!

My 96 Acura SLX has the same power train, it did the same thing, ran a trans code check and had a solenoid failure, replaced the shift solenoids and serviced the tranny and flushed the cooler and lines and the problem went away.

Did anyone find out why

I am having a 2001 Isuzu trooper and it won't reversed and there's a sound on my transmission does anyone have that problem?

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport 6cyl 3.2 Has a "winter" button and it will NOT move in DRIVE if winter button is not pushed and light shows on driving panel. It will not move in L, 2,3 either. Reverse works fine. Took it to shop. They charged me $40 for the transmission diagnostic. Nothing wrong with electronics and solenoids. RESPONSE FROM SHOP: find a new, rebuilt or used transmission. But the tranny was working fine in "winter," which means that mechanically everything was fine, except first gear -- the winter button skips first gear, which is why the car would move, though a bit sluggish (in "winter" you start on second gear). Now I ran the vehicle on a freeway in "winter" and the transmission would overheat, a light would come on the panel and eventually would get out of "winter" and it would NOT move in drive. Why is that? Because the transmission was running using second and third gear only and that overheats it. SOLUTION: I adjusted the front band band of the transmission located inside the same. When I opened up the cover with four lugs, the adjuster was loose -- I had to tight it with my hand giving it several turns until I could not do it anymore with my fingers. Then I used pliers to tight it a bit (do not use a regular tool) and then I tightened the counter knot hard. Changed transmission filter and fluid. Tested. Had a few minor issues. Drove it easy for some thirty minutes, and began getting stable. Now I can say is totally FIXED. And I save myself $1700, the price of replacing with a rebuilt transmission. My total expenses for what I did... less than $20.