Head Cylinder

Asked by Jun 23, 2017 at 09:02 PM about the 1997 Isuzu Hombre 2 Dr XS Extended Cab SB

Why does my Isuzu hombre struggle to stay on? It
overheated the day before and the engine turned off. and
the hose had a leakage. What could it be?

261,785

Any electrical connections still wet from the leaky hose?

Like the spark plugs?

83,075

Severe overheating can damage the engine.

Even though the engine runs for a little while? It struggles to stay on.

83,075

You are not giving us much to go on. I think you need to have a mechanic look it over.

10,800

Clue >>> Engine overheated, it ran a little while (please define "little while) then it shut off .... Hmmmm. When it shut off .. did you try to restart it? If so ,, did the engine crank? When it does start did it run long enough to get into gear?

Gotcha. It didn't shut off...I turned it off thinking its gonna damage it more by leaving it on. I leave it in for a few seconds. It starts shaking a little as if it wants to turn off. Like there is not enough "spark". When I restarted the pick up the engine does crank. I did not put it into gear yet.