engine will not turn over

Asked by Feb 05, 2007 at 09:51 AM about the 2000 Ford Windstar SEL

A loud Clunk is all that I hear :( My wifr tried to start the van the other day did not turn over, I check "Normal" suspects - battery is good, starter also good, replaced.  I can move engine backwards with wrench no problem,  gets to 1 piont in the right dierction and Stops.  is this a timing chain interference fit issue or is it terminal for the engin

Hi bakes! I'm afraid I can't give you and promising news. A timing belt issue is possible of course but it doesn't feel right to me from what you have said. I think it's time to seek professional help. Someone needs to lay hands on it and tell you waht you are up against. Good luck.

Best Answer Mark helpful

THanks for answer. I called a mechanic this mourning he had me check for coolant in the cylinders - none found. I am waiting for the tow truck now will keep the faith

Great news !! I just heard back from the Mechanic, it appears that I had water frozen in the cylinders it has been cold lately ~ 10 deg F. They were in the process of investigaing and found the water!! no clue as to how it got in. I only checked the front three cylinders at home. Coolant system checks out it's a mystery. He told me ounces of water.