How to fix it so i can pass emissions?

Asked by Jun 02, 2016 at 06:00 PM about the 2000 Ford Windstar LX

I took my folks van to the vehicle emissions testing place twice and I failed both times. I even went to two separate testing places. Both times they plugged in to the OBD and they said it was working but not reading. I changed fuse 17 and a few other ones that were not blown. I took it to a mechanic and his tester could not read the vehicle. I have no idiot lights on. I really want fix it myself.

235

Unfortunately, that's how it is these days. You see, even if the mechanic was your best friend, He cannot print a new sticker until he puts the reader into your exhaust and it prints out. You have to have any mechanic fix (clear) the code before they can give you a sticker. I know it sucks, but just the way it is these days...

15,305

The EPAs your friend we know whats best for the world! just like GOLBAL warming or or was it COOLING? I haven't checked this month! have the codes read and post them here I'll try and help you pass not very hard to do.. unless you're in California then its a bit more. Law enforcement officers have the right to inspect any car suspected of having illegal emissions. If the car’s emissions are out of compliance, it’s put out of service with a citation, allowing the driver to only drive the car home or to a repair shop.Don't laugh coming to your State soon..