My Isuzu loses power and does not run well despite having replaced the spark plugs with new ones. At first it acts normally but suddenly loses strength. I ask for help to understand and solve this problem.

Asked by Feb 17, 2017 at 09:08 AM about the 2001 Isuzu Trooper 4 Dr LS 4WD SUV

98,515

Check for any codes in the system, even if there is no check engine light there might be something in memory to go from, another thing is the sensors, if they aren't sending the correct signals to the ECM it might be leaning the fuel out or backing the timing off cause a sensor is making an erroneous reading, you may have to have the vehicle live data scanned to locate the bad componet. Could also be a failing fuel pump, works fine cold but let it warmup a little and the pressures drop way off. HTH

Thank you very much for the answer! I will take the car for maintenance and repair.

98,515

I had a Acura SLX and that is just a rebadged Isuzu Trooper I bought very well used that never had any power, finally found out why when it came time to change out the timing belt, the last time someone did it they put it back together with the marks retarded by one tooth, this had to be done deliberately as both sides were the same. So I'm just saying you really never know until you dive in and start checking things. Hope it turns out to be something really quick to fix.