Transmission

Asked by Jan 14, 2016 at 09:18 PM about the 2002 Isuzu Axiom 4 Dr STD SUV

Have to let off it bout 20 mph to get to
shift. Has to warm up to get to move
forwards help if anybody has any
answers.

Was told maybe the band's then somebody says no

76,345

Have you checked the transmission fluid level?

118,425

When was it serviced last? Do you have a check engine light on? This transmission is computer controlled so the fluid has to be maintained, if not, varnish can foul the solenoids and cause other problems. If you do have a check engine light then have the codes checked, you are looking for any transmission codes, if none then I would drop the tranny pan change the filter and pan gasket, add 1 quart of TransX then refill to specs with specified fluid and drive as you normally would, if the TransX is going to work it will with in the first 50 miles. If you do have transmission codes then those must be fixed before it can operate properly. HTH

31,705

DIRTY ...PRESSSSSURE IN VALVE BODY....SERVICE IT..

have a question I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom I just got it about a month ago when I went back up out of my driveway and put my car into drive to take off or stop at a stop light or stop sign and then go to take off the car would hesitate and would shake and then it would jerk into gear I went ahead and had my I had somebody add transmission fluid to it that same night I stopped at a stop sign went to take off the car will not go into first gear it'll go into reverse if I put it in winter mode it'll go into 2nd and 3rd gear but once I stop it will not go back into gear again I have to then go ahead and play and put it back into winter mode my question is is my transmission completely gone or what's going on with it