Can't get a spark.

Asked by Sep 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Standard Cab LB

I change everything but the ecu .still can't get no

Everything is a relative term, just what have you replaced and have you done the circuit checks?

I replace the distributor, the spark plugs,The Wires and the coil..check the circuit..still no spark

Unplug the ignition coil and put a test light on the positive wire, turn on the key, you should have a bright light, if not check the ignition fuses, if you do have a light, then put one end of the test light on the positive some of the battery and the other on the negative if the coil wiring and crank the engine, look for a flashing light, if you have a flashing light then the ignition coil is defective, if no flashing light then check the continuity from the ignition coil negative to the ignition module if the continuity is good then make sure the module is getting power and is grounded properly, as you stated you replaced the distributor, you may want to have it checked as it may have a bad pickup coil, if it was a rebuilt they don't always replace those during a rebuild, or you could just replace both the pickup and ignition module with new ones so then you know you have good units. So that should do it as long as the circuits check.

Let us know how you came out with your truck please, thanks.

Did everything yall said. Still no spark.

Go to: 5.7L/distributor-mounted-icm-tests-1

That didn't work..

Disconnect the spout connector and see if you have spark, if you do then the ECM is bad. you can run with like that but there will be a big loss in power. If you still don't have any spark then you have missed something in the diagnostics.

Still having problem with no spark..change the eelectronic spark control module. Plugs and coil and distributor. .still no spark