My 96 I30 front end suddenly pulls to left or left

Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM about the 1996 Infiniti I30 4 Dr Touring Sedan

Need help on what is causing my96 I30 to suddenly and dangerously pull to the right or
left.  This occurs after a turn or going straight under 40 mph or so.  Sometime at higher
speed.

35,805

Sounds like something in your front end has let loose. I would get it into a shop as soon as possible. If it breaks loose, you could end up in a ditch or a tree. Not something you will be able to easily fix yourself.

18,465

Bad ball joint, tie rod, or tire can do this. Get it checked ASAP.

18,465

Bad wheel bearing will do it too.

9,575

Yes also check the toe on your front end alignment. I've bent a tie rod end which through out my alignment. No issues most of the time until I got it fixed. Normally it would go straight and wear the tires but on certain roads where one front wheel would "loose" grip compared to the other tire the car would lurch and follow the path of the tire with grip and then lurch back when they equalized. I have never had good luck with prof. alignments and do them myself know. If your a DIY'er I would check the alignment and also jack the unit up and check for loose or damaged front end components. The small things could be fixed by you but any item relating to the front end geometry should be fixed prof. unless you have the proper tools and knowledge.

I had similar problem , replaced the lower control arm and the CV axel and it went away

What about Rack and pinion