98 Infiniti Q45 Airbag light flashing. How do I reset it?

Asked by Jun 28, 2013 at 02:02 PM about the 1998 Infiniti Q45 4 Dr STD Sedan

I see posts how to reset airbag light up to 96 model and above year 2000, but I need to know how to reset 1998 Infiniti Q45 airbag light from flashing. Neither of the other methods worked for this car. Thank you!

1,315

My Q had the same issue and after scanning it with tech II and trying to electronically reset it me and the other techs I worked with came to conclusion the air bag sensor itself was garbage. I did some research and discovered it was a common problem with the Q. I never did replace mine I just delt with it. The connection to the airbag may be coroded or severred. I never was in an accident with it though so I couldn't tell you if it actually affects the deployment of the air bag and the cost/ effort to replace was too high to bother with it. In conclusion I don't think its something you can simply reset. If it CAN be reset my guess is it will trip again soon thereafter and continue to flash again.

With ignition. Off, Unplug air bag connector under passenger seat, wait 30 seconds, reconnect. Put key in socket, turn on, rapidly push door switch 6-7 times b/f ignition light goes off, will reset airbag light.