Should I buy a 1999 Infiniti QX4 or a 2004 GMC Jimmy?

Asked by Nov 05, 2012 at 09:24 PM about the 1999 INFINITI QX4 4 Dr STD 4WD SUV

The Infiniti has 206,000 kms and the Jimmy has 160,000 kms.

As well, the Infiniti is loaded and the Jimmy is a base model.

The Infiniti needs some body work and the Jimmy is pretty clean.

365

Im a big fan of Infiniti but it sounds like the QX4 in question has a lot of issues. It needs body work, which means it may have been in an accident plus it has 130,000 miles on it. If you do end up going for it, do your research first. get a carfax, find out as much as you can about it's history and proceed with caution. out of curiosity what is your budge? there may be similar options out there that offer everything you're looking for without all the red flags.

Thanks so much for your quick reply! The body work I speak of is cosmetic, Ie. rust patches. My budget is only $2000 which I was able to get both sellers to come down to (they were asking $3500 and $3800, respectively). I'm actually really keen on a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I won't find a newer one with such low kms with my budget. I think? I may be lucky to even find anything at this price?

365

Yeah, at that price I would get the Jimmy. The bells and whistles are fun but on cars with high mileage, often they are a liability; theres ten times as many things that can go wrong all of which represent a significant repair cost. By the way, kudos for getting the price down to almost half asking.

:) Yeah, I'm a sucker for saving money! I truly appreciate your replies, you've been a tremendous help. Too bad, the bells and whistles are so tempting! But you're right. Thanks again!