My rear sunshade on my '99 Q45t just stopped working. Is there a 'usual suspects' lineup for me to evaluate and fix? Thanks in advance

145

Asked by Jun 06, 2012 at 04:03 PM about the 1999 INFINITI Q45 4 Dr Touring Sedan

The rear sunshade had been functioning normally since I bought the car, and it was lovingly owned and cared for by the sole previous owner.  I'd like to get it working as I have a child out back on occasion.  Any thoughts on next steps?  The fuse is fine and I don't hear any motor noises when I toggle the switch on/off.

Thanks!

645

The Switch may be dirty, having grime in it on the electrical contacts. You can test the switch by locating the sunshade motor and using a Multimeter to test for voltage to the wires that go from the switch/relay to the sunshade motor. Show this to someone who knows some about automotive or electrical. If no power at the wires plugging into the motor (while you are pressing the switch), then either the switch is dirty (take apart and clean with acetone or alcohol, or buy a new one), or the relay (if there is one, I suspect there is). Another problem is that maybe the extension rods (that lift the shade upward) may be bent. The part number for the motor is 97581-3H000, and it usually costs around $250.