anyone have issues with kingpin bearings

65

Asked by May 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM about the 1999 INFINITI G20 4 Dr Touring Sedan

wheel shakes like the hub is bad but its not....checked online everyone has post built up about the kingpin bearings...any words

1,655

check the steering rack ball end joint i had this problem it was not the king pin but bad aliment , worn ball end joints and balance rod bushes

65

i checked everything else...thats the only thing that shakes under there....everything else is basically new anyway.

1,655

then try the one of the bearing on the drum or disc sometimes the bearing gets loose and start to shake the wheel and wired sound starts coming from the hub

65

its not the hub bearings

1,655

did u hit your car somewhere from below of side recently ?

65

no....its definately the kingpin bearings.....im like 75% sure gonna take it apart tomorrow...just trying to have the suspension and handling good before i put the vvl engine in

1,655

tell me about it when your done if it solves the problem thankx

I have a 96 Inifiniti G20, just had new calipers, rotors, brake pads, (all 4,) and drivers side lower ball joint to the tune of 800.00, but they said it still needs a king pin and they can't find the part...I'm having a hard time understanding how you can fix the brakes for 800. and then still be looking for the last part to complete the job, so does that mean the brakes aren't really fixed??.....can anyone help me understand this? And yes, I'm a girl :)