Dose fuel Injectors in 2000 Infiniti I30 cause poor running?

5

Asked by May 19, 2016 at 12:30 PM about the 2000 INFINITI I30 4 Dr Touring Sedan

My 2000 Infiniti I30 does hesitate when it is running, especially when I start
driving. Also, when I am driving toward uphill, the car slows down and run very
poorly no matter how much gas I add.

I changed 5 spark plugs but could not change the 6th because it is stuck
inside, but still no improvement in performance.

I want to know the things that if were changed they will solve the problem.
Please tell me about your experience if you had same issue and what you did
to fix it.

92,785

Fuel pressure and flow would be the first things to check, the injectors have a minimum pressure requirement to function properly, the engine also needs to breath, so check for a restricted exhaust if the fuel pressure tests good, next would be a sensor misread, a live data scan will identify any problems in that area. This is assuming that you have a solid engine with good compression and no vacuum leaks. A stuck spark plug is not a good sign, it could mean that that cylinder has developed a slight internal coolant leak and has seized the plug to the cylinder head, even a slight coolant leak can have a detrimental effect on O2 sensors and in turn they can cause a running condition like you are having, or your engine starts blowing black smoke at times. HTH

12,065

Injectors are RARELY the cause of problems .Consider selling the Nissan and finding a better vehicle. If possible