My power steering is making noise when I turn the wheel and found the fluid empty...what is leaking

Asked by Jun 16, 2015 at 01:26 AM about the 2000 INFINITI I30 4 Dr Touring Sedan

the fluid runs out as I drive and the power steering still works fine

210

it's making noise because there is no fluid. The leak can be at the rack and pinion, reservoir, hoses going to the rack and pinion, and at the power steering pump, check all of these and you will find the problem.

3,495

could be seals on the steering rack, but also had one that leaks it through the bottle cap, know if its to full it will do that, check the seals on rack. pipe can also be burst.