My Infiniti I30 wont go pass 80 mph and lately its been wasting a lot of gas. Also sometimes and mostly all the time when I step on it vibrates and I have to take my foot off the pedal cause if not it wont stop the vibration and it wont go pass the mph when the vibration started. I would like to know whats going on with my car cause I have no clue about Cars

Asked by Apr 17, 2013 at 09:33 PM about the 2000 INFINITI I30 4 Dr Touring Sedan

3,220

First guess dirty air filter or mouse nest or such restricted aspiration.

So its that why is not letting me go over 80 mph or why the car vibrates when I step on it? Another problem I been having since I bought this car back in Feb is that when I step on it it also feels like the engine moves out of place, like it lifts, not sure how to explain it.

Let's check your diagnostic codes before we waste any more money...thanks~

99,925

It could need air and fuel filters. It could have a clogged catalytic converter. It might need a new O2 sensor to raise the MPG's. -- get the codes read at the parts store to see if anything is pending. Check the tire air pressures too.

do you know how this is done?

there's a wonky multi-pin connector, the guy at your auto parts store will connect a gadget up to it and you will write down what he says and post it here for us to begin to tell you what's wrong with your ride...thanks~

What are the diagnostic codes? So sorry, Im young, this is my first car ive ever bought so Im trying to learn. My tire pressure is good, had those checked not long ago.

Ok judge roy ill go ahead and do that. Thanks so much for the help,like I said, Im clueless,lol. I love this car and dont want it to break on me.

Thank u ten speed and mrmoony for ur answers as well. Ok one last thing im also having problems with is starting the car, if I start it normal it wont start, I have to step on the gas for a little then it will start. Any idea why?

sounds flooded. the check engine light probably has black tape over it!~

Last time I went to the mechanic he told me the check engine light was out that I needed to change the fuse. And what does it mean its flooded? Im sorry, im new to this.

this car does not have 'ignition wires' as it used to be but has a coil pack above each cylinder...would test these coil packs and sparkies for correct operation~

well a proper air/fuel ratio needs to be presented to each cylinder for combustion...it gets this way from a thousand calculations by the ECU (computer), but what's on the business end (the thing what makes the action take place) ain't seein' the correct number of parts of NO, 02, C02, and measurements are wacko, and your computer's doin' the best it can to keep the show on the road, but since it's out of control, is dumpin' the gas~....hence, flooded~ you're welcome...roy~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-PC-USB-OBD2-OBDII-OBD-2-Scanner- Interface-Code-Reader-/190635027846? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2000%7CMake %3AInfiniti%7CModel%3AI30&hash=item2c62bbad86&vxp=mtr

99,925

Lets start with a free parts store on board diagnosis (OBD) like the Judge said - Get the codes read at the parts store. Ask them to scan your car. Write down the trouble code number(s) and post it here. Someone will advise the most cost effective solutions.

Ok thank you so much, I will go ahead and do that. I will post the codes when I go do it. But Im ok to drive the car or what do you guys recommend?

My car is 2000 Infiniti i30. Once it reaches around 60 mph it starts shaking and the engine struggles. I had it scanned and the code is P0430. Do I really have to change the catalyctic converter? I just bought the car few days ago.

ITS YOUR KNOCK SENSOR