Why is it so hard to find someone to change my catalytic converters? And what does california emissions have to do with georgia?

Asked by Mar 08, 2016 at 10:08 PM about the 2000 Infiniti I30 4 Dr STD Sedan

4,575

I have to tell you, You Want a catalytic converter...what this does is change poisonous Carbon Monoxide into Carbon Dioxide, Water and Nitrogen~ all that will NOT kill you~ Carbon Monoxide is deadly poison~ as far as NOT being able to find a shop, I'd suggest YOU get the replacement muffler and have Walker or whoever put it on~

77,895

You must have ticked off someone, they replace catalytic converters out here all the time, Midas does them, even the local exhaust shops do them. It's when you want to modify stuff that when things get ugly. California emissions is for vehicles that were shipped into the state of California, so apparently yours was shipped into California before it was sold, there for you have California emissions, something you cannot legally change, even though the car is no longer in California. HTH