Can i drive my 2000 infiniti I30 without a belt?

Asked by May 01, 2012 at 04:36 PM about the 2000 INFINITI I30 FWD

My belt broke, and I put a new one on...took it
to a mechanic and he said I new a new air
compressor, the new belt burned and broke
the very same day...but my car still crank up
and go. Can I drive my car without this belt.

if you mean the serpentine belt on the engine then no. you will destroy the engine if you try to run it with out the belt. not to mention you will not have power steering the engine would over heat

Same thing happened to me. The serpentine belt broke when the AC compressor bearing froze which in turn seized the pulley. As a result, friction between the turning belt and fixed pulley caused the belt to break. Without the serpentine belt to run all the other accessories, your car will overheat, battery won't recharge and other accessories won't work properly. What you can do, is have the mechanic route around the ac compressor pulley. You will need to locate a new and different size belt to do this, but it is manageable and will save you the cost of repairing the AC compressor - an expensive job.