Stereo Swap for the Bose Radio?

65

Asked by Jan 25, 2009 at 09:10 PM about the 2000 INFINITI G20 4 Dr STD Sedan

Is there any way I could swap out the head unit and hook up subs without having to re-wire the car like some of the audio places suggested? They claimed I could put in a new head unit but not the subs or I could leave the stock unit and wire in the subs but the stock cd player sucks. They claimed if I did both the Bose speakers wouldn't work. True/False?  Why can't I do both? Please someone help I just want some funk in the trunk.

Thanks

25

tHERE RIGHT BUT WHO CARES THOSE STOCK SPEAKERS SUCK I PAID 50 DOLLARS FOR CLARION DOOR SPEAKERS THAT KICK ASS JUST BITE THE BULLET AND SWAP THEM

75

bose speaker do work (and sound quite nicely) if you wish to run subs you have two routes. A. get an amp with a built in audio filter. this will filter out the higher frequencies that can either break, or make the sub sound horrible. B. get a head unit with a sub out line. either way you will need an amp to drive the sub, the aftermarket headunits also have they're own amp inside for the mid to high range speakers, this is better than the bose amp in the trunk. if you got any questions on this let me know, or send me a message on G20.net i go by thunder storm there.