Tbi

30

Asked by Mar 09, 2016 at 09:41 AM about the 1987 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G10 Cargo Van Extended

Does anyone know if both injectors are supposed
to spray at same time. I can only get one to spray
but both have power

71,355

Yes they are to spray at the same time. Sounds like a bad injector, but replace both.

30

Well if i switch bad injector to other side ot works. And im getting 10volts to both set of wires.

71,355

Ok, the side that don't work, 2 wires run up to the injector, right? One wire is a power, the other is a ground. Both wires run back to the pcm which controls the injector pulse by grounding the one side. Try checking the ground side of that circuit. If this is not a wiring problem, it may be that the TBI would need to be rebuilt as the fuel regulator spring gets weak. There are kits available, and the TBI is simple to rebuild. Fuel injectors need a certain amount of fuel pressure to work. Your fuel pressure is 90 to 13 lbs. Did you try the good injector on the bad side?

30

Yes i switched injectors and it worked. The ground wire is spliced before it comes into injectors. So if one side is grounded they both are since its a pigtail. This is so weird.

71,355

How long has this run with the ground wires spliced or has it? Cause that does not sound right to me.

30

I just bought the van like 6 mths ago but it ran just fine for the last 4 months and the ground pigtail was there when i bought it. To make it more interesting i hot wired the bad side and they noth would work for about 15 mins til the fuse of the hot wires blew. So in short both injectors can spray and getting good voltage etc. Stumped