was running and shut off and now it will turn over but not start. I have replaced the Coil, Int Module, Pickup coil

Asked by Apr 17, 2017 at 03:17 AM about the 1982 Chevrolet C/K 10 Standard Cab SB

i have been on this truck 4 days its a 250 straight new coil madraul man come on tell me brother my tune signals back up lights all work it just cut off still no bspark 82 c10 straight 6 cyclender

102,405

Then something went bye bye, you need to check to see if the ignition coil has power in both key on and key in crank position, if that's good then you will have to check foe a trigger signal from the module to the coil, a test light will work for that , just hook one end to a positive and the other to the negative side of the coil, if you get a flashing light when you crank it over your coil went away, if no flashing light the module went away, not uncommon on the cheaper units. HTH

Best Answer Mark helpful

thanks i will get back to you tommrow the coil is new the modral is also

and i have fire going in the stribeter cap the red hot wire i have fire on the two wires going from the coil well 3 one is the ground so i use a test light on the top of the coil put on both lights then try starting it

74,765

Two other thing to check if you have no spark, would be the ignition control module, and the pick-up coil in the distributor. On the pick-up coil very gently pull on the two wires and see if there broken or stretchy, stretchy would be a broken wire also. Most common is the ignition control module goes bad. You can have that tested at an auto parts store.

102,405

So you have spark to the cap, then there could be a problem with the cap itself, carbon brush, cracked cap, carbon tracking of the spark. Or resistance is too high in the spatk plug wires.

i was driveing down the rd came to a satop light cuts off so i put a new coil and a maudal i put my finger on a screw driver nothing im going to use a test light what do i do to check with a light its a 250 6 cyclender do i pull the wires off the cap are check it buy taking off the top of the coil i look at the cap looks goods to me if i boult a new maydal an coil can the maduasl be gone again?

102,405

Here is a simple GM HEI diagram. This should help you with finding the power and grounds plus the pulse wire to the coil.

74,765

When you replaced the ignition control module the first time, did you put that little packet of special grease onto the mounting surface? If not then it is possible the module is burnt out again.

were and how does the slider rod on my stearing colum hook to i put a new ignition switch in cant figture out were it hooks to show me a piture please

i took moudual to oroleys had it checked its good so i cleaned it good put it back in i boult a new ignition switch down on the stearing colum took it loose put the new switch on but now my key swith is like loose but i see the slider rod but dont no what it hooks to piture please help me man im so fed up