New head unit in 2001 Infiniti G20 does not produce sound

10

Asked by Sep 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM about the 2001 INFINITI G20 4 Dr Touring Sedan

I have a 2001 infiniti G20, I have been planning on replacing the head unit, i am an
audio enthusiast more than a car enthusiast, but i can follow instructions and a
wiring diagram. I cannot get sound from the unit, i turn it on, it gets power and the
antenna goes up, but no sound for radio or CDs. In this forum if you have any recommendations for any cheap and not too difficult (time is not an issue) ways to
improve the audio system I would greatly appreciate it.
Cameron

11,695

Sounds like your speaker amp died - Check connections to the amp, power and ground If it does, make sure it is getting signal from head unit to amp. If everything is good amp is toast.

10

where would i find the amp in my particular car?

4,555

at the rear of the speaker.

11,695

Car Stereo Amplifier Location is Under the Rear Deck in the Trunk You want to check it for two power feeds - One when the key goes live and one when you turn the radio on Green/white trace hot all the time/ Or Key on LtGreen/Red trace hot when radio is turned on Make sure all black goes to body ground with no resistance This is a 6 channel amp and runs ALL speakers thats why no sound at all .. Good Luck