Truck won't start

Asked by Jul 12, 2016 at 10:26 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet C/K 10 Standard Cab SB 4WD

I replaced fuel pump and fuel filter.
Replaced starter and cylinode. But when I
turn the truck off all fuel leaves the filter
and it won't start if left sitting for a long
period of time

94,965

What do you mean by a long period of time? The fuel will gradually bleed out if it is just sitting for a week or two. That is what they say to reprise the system if it has been setting.

Best Answer

Just over night.

94,965

Then check for leakage in the pressure regulator and the fuel injectors, this garbage they call fuel seems to be causing some problems with some of the older injectors causing them to drip fuel when shut down, not enough to flood the engine but enough to bleed off the pressure faster than normal and you might notice some black smoke on initial cold start but it won't last long, maybe just a puff if the catalyst is really good.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll give it a shot