VDC Off and Slip - come up on dashboard. Car 25 mph max.

640

Asked by Feb 26, 2015 at 12:49 PM about the 2004 INFINITI G35 Coupe RWD

VDC Off and Slip come up on dashboard.  Car will not accelerate.  I disconnected battery, made sure it is 12.9 volts and performed re-learned procedures:  no change.

640

VDC = vehicle dynamic control. VDC off - allows car to spin. This automatically comes on every time ignition is turned off. It should not show "on" on dashboard when ignition is turned on - there should be no light for VDC on when ignition turned on. In other words for some reason VDC is "off" instead of "on" when turning on ignition. How do I fix this?

640

To clarify further: "VDC off" is coming on in conjunction with "Slip" as well as "Service Engine Soon" showing when ignition is turned on.

50

Probably too late but camshaft sensor had to be replaced and fixed same issues you were having.

30

Check break fluid prior to Cam sensors! Low fluid enables bouncing flap in master cylinder to turn on VDO Slip. Then bank 2 sensor first if no cj Hangs on top off.

140

I have a 2004 Infiniti Fx35 with check Engine light on , slip & VDC lights on the dash board. After checking it out at auto zone, I was told to change the camshaft position sensors bank 1 & bank 2 including bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensors. I did all of these things by buying them online and installed them . Slip & VDC lights still come on the dashboard and sometimes the vehicle shutoff while at the stop sign or at the light. This is very troubling. Please help me with any advice to help fix this problem.

30

Check out the muffler bearings, both of them! : D

Marnie did you get you car fix im having the same problems..

Wow im having the same exact problem as marine123 sn and stealth.. If y'all find the solution WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

20

It may be abs sensor issue on one of your wheels

JrG35 thanks but all keep pointing at the cam sensors. Why? Cause i had an oil leak and one of the reasons why the sensors can go bad is because of oil leak, well i just fix that problem ($382)!! now i gotta fix both cam which are $150+tax each 4m the dealership. Why the dealership? Cause the after market are not warranty to work. So i will not waste my money on parts and labor and then ill have to do it all over again, i just might as well do it right the first time even tho its more and get it over with... Thank u and all the ppl with their feed backs... Oh yeah and wish me good luck cause everything im fixing cost to much but hopefully they'll work..

20

Idk because I don't know why a cam sensor will at a slip or vds call mom do too it is a break/tracton control system? Let us know please....reason I think it might be a break ABS sensor is because one sensor not reading data on your wheels when turning I was in the computer to think it is slipping and try to correct it self

20

Sorry come on* not call mom

I just did some suspension work and these lights (Slip & VDC off) are definitely due to ABS/ABS sensors, I would take some brake cleaner and try cleaning them. In some rare cases, if you've removed the calipers you might want to press the breaks like 20 times hard so that the caliper pistons can travel back to their original position when there are finally mounted again.

20

VDC off and SLIP = CAN Communication or Steering Angle Sensor The steering angle sensor ($800-950) is likely the problem. Your best option is taking it to a reputable non-chain repair shop or dealer. You need a tech does more than just oil change and has a diagnostic computer to handle this. Check their online reviews. Don't use any aftermarket parts or used/recycle part, especially the angle sensor is part of your airbag system (SRS).