Will performance add-ons void warranty?

35

Asked by Jun 01, 2008 at 01:40 PM about the 2004 INFINITI G35 Coupe RWD

I've been told add-ons such as cold air intake and a true dual exhaust would void my warranty. I have also been told that they would not. I want the performance but i don't want to void the warranty. Can anybody solve my delima

55

im not too sure how nissan would handle this but i talked to the guys at chevy when i wanted to upgrade my monte carlo and they said that a k&n filter would not void the waranty but when i wanted to do the exhaust they told me that it could affect the backpressure in the engine that could lead to engine issues down the line. so intake no exhaust yes. the best way to find out is go to infinity/nissan and ask them. good luck, ive always liked the g35's

15

If you are seriously interested in G35's, check out www.G35driver.com. There are numerous post regarding warranty, exhaust, intakes ,and everything G35. The quick answer is anything can void your warranty. It depends on the dealership. If they can prove that the part or install caused another problem, that part will be outside of warranty. It will not void the entire warranty for the vehicle. Check out the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act I have the Stillen Intake with Z-tube, MotorDyne 5/16 plenum spacer, and Fast Intentions Exhaust and love it. Go for it! Mike

35

Hey man I have been looking at exhaust for my g and I am pretty much stuck on either the fast intentions exaust or the amuse titan r1 . I def want that exotic car sound . Any opinions?

55

Perfect answer.

35

g35driver is the shit!

5

what else have you done to it? i'm savin $$$ for a 35, and i want ideas what to drop in it

190

The only true answer to that question is by asking manufacturer or by reading the terms of the warranty yourself. Most manufacturers will void the warranty if any aftermarket perf. mods are added. the real question is which warranty will get voided. K&N will more than likely void the warranty as a point of fact.

Performance ad-ons will void the warranty if the ad-on has something to do with the issue/repair. A cold air intake would not void the warranty on a broken power window for instance. If water gets into the engine as a result of the CAI, then you would not be covered.